Design Reality is a leading Product Design agency founded in 2000. Based in the heart of North Wales we work across a wide range of sectors including Industrial, Medical and Consumer. We’ve got an outstanding team of Design and Electronics experts offering specialist knowledge and experience to our clients, ensuring we develop outstanding and award-winning product design.
We’ve recently won some exciting client projects, so to support the ongoing growth of the business we’re looking for an Application Developer to join our team.
We’re looking for an Application Developer who has good problem solving skills, a passion to learn and a team player. If you have a minimum of 2 years experience in a design consultancy or equivalent environment and you would like to work in a friendly consultancy with a diverse range of clients, then this is a great opportunity for you!
- Bachelors Degree in Computer science / Electronics or equivalent background
- Experience in building mobile applications for ANDROID/IOS/WINDOWS.
- Understanding of development SDKs/.NET/Java
- Understanding of Network communications TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, BLE
- Reviewing and Testing Code, essential debugging skills
Required program knowledge
- RAD Studio Delphi/C++ development would be preferable but any other phone development suites will be considered (Android Studio/Xamarin/Appcelerator/PhoneGap)
- Microsoft word/excel for Bug tracking/document recording/specifications/design flow
- Knowledge of App Store/Apple Store for releasing applications to the world
- SVN, Version control for code or equivalent
Desirable attributes & experience
- Keen passion for electronic and software integration
- Basic understandings of electronic designs
- ANY Firmware development no matter how small (embedded C, RTOS )
- Understanding of full software life cycle (SDLC / Agile)
- Schematic interfacing understanding (not layout)
- Communication standards (SPI,I2C,RS232)
- Legacy Code Support
- SQL Server Databasing
- User Interface experience
- Development of applications to interface with a wide and varying range of electronics on a per project basis.
- Researching, consulting project needs from a software point of view
- Full software life cycle development process
- Testing and Debugging of phone/windows applications for release to the app store
- Document/version control for software release
- Planning timescales for software task completion
- Working with Firmware/Software manager to deliver project goals
- Working within a project TEAM to a common goal
- Taking part in milestone meetings and adhere to ISO 9001 Quality Standards
This is a full-time position based in North Wales.
If you think you’re the right fit for Design Reality please send your cv and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary commensurate with experience
No recruitment agencies please