Salary: Dependent on experience
Design Reality is one of the leading UK Product Design consultancies. Our clients range from some of the world’s biggest names to start-ups with ground-breaking ideas. We’ve got an outstanding team of Product Designers and Electronics experts, offering specialist knowledge and experience to our clients, enabling us to develop award-winning product design. Based in the heart of North Wales, we work across a wide range of sectors, including Industrial, Medical and Consumer.
We’ve recently won some exciting client projects, so to support the ongoing growth of the business we’re looking for a Graduate Designer to join our growing product development team. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects and develop cutting-edge technology, whilst working as part of a friendly, dynamic and multi-skilled team.
We’re looking for Graduate Designer ideally with 1-year industrial placement, who has good problem-solving skills, a passion to learn and wants to be part of a great team.
*Good 3D CAD skills. (Creo/SolidWorks)
* Strong Visual Presentation skills.
* Good Sketching techniques.
* Good understanding of injection moulding/equivalent manufacturing techniques.* Good task planning skills.
Additional Advantageous skills:* Experience utilizing 3D Printing facilities.
* Experience in working with electronics products.
* Experience of Rendering Software (Keyshot/Blender).
- Understanding of the objectives and constraints of the design brief by working with Project Leads.
- Undertaking research, analyzing functional, commercial, cultural and aesthetic requirements.
- Formulating design concepts for a range of products.
- Preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations, plans, samples and models to communicate design concepts.
- Communicating design solutions to Project Lead and manufacturing partners.
- Select, specify and recommend functional and aesthetic materials, production methods and finishes for manufacture.
- Detail and document the selected design for production.
- Preparing prototypes for client feedback.
- Supervising of the preparation of patterns, programs and tooling, and the manufacture process.
Degree or higher in Product/Industrial Design, or equivalent course.
- This is a full-time position based in North Wales.
- No deadline, however we will close this advert immediately if we find the right candidate.
- No agencies, please.
- If you think you’re the right fit for Design Reality please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org