Design Reality is a leading Product Design agency founded in 2000. Based in the heart of North Wales we work across a wide range of sectors including Industrial, Medical and Consumer. We’ve got an outstanding team of Design and Electronics experts offering specialist knowledge and experience to our clients, ensuring we develop outstanding and award-winning product design.
We’ve recently won some exciting client projects, so to support the ongoing growth of the business we’re looking for a Senior Designer to join our team.
We’re looking for a skilled Senior Designer who is happy to show initiative, with a minimum of 8 years experience in a design consultancy or equivalent environment. If you’re a highly motivated individual with the desire to work in a friendly consultancy with a diverse range of clients, then this is a great opportunity for you!
- Undertake design and product development projects under the direction and management of the Project Manager.
- Working across all brands within the product portfolio as a ‘go to’ person for technical design concepts.
- Working with design colleagues and engineering colleagues to encapsulate their functional and product operation intent within design projects ensuring maximum ‘buy in’ to all concepts and intended uses.
- Ensuring successful flow and inclusion of technical application across the wider team.
- Raise Critical Path Analysis (CPA) for each specific project, and were required assist with the CPA development
- Ensure that assigned projects are conducted to establish a ‘best value’ return on investment whilst working within parameters determined through design and conceptual product briefs.
- Ensure outstanding product performance and legislative conformance by working closely with engineering, quality and external suppliers
- Ensure that the design & development projects are manufacturable, processed to specification, to pre-defined performance parameters on cost and on time
- Assist in responses required to any ongoing quality issues including the implementation of any necessary design changes.
- Maintain and communicate design changes through regular communication channels and specification review forums
- Report back on the progress of all the projects at weekly meetings with the Project Manager
- Coaching and mentoring fellow Designers to improve general understanding of technical features and benefits across product categories.
- Ensure that the design and Technical status of projects is well documented and published in order that other business areas fully understand progress
- Cataloguing and sharing where necessary previous learnings for ease of knowledge transfer
This is a full-time position based in North Wales.
If you think you’re the right fit for Design Reality please send your cv and portfolio to email@example.com
Salary commensurate with experience
No recruitment agencies please