Design Reality is one of the leading UK Product Design consultancies. Our clients range from some of the world’s biggest names to start-ups with ground-breaking ideas. We’ve got a remarkable team of Product Designers and Electronics experts, offering specialist knowledge and experience to our clients, enabling us to develop outstanding product design. Based in the heart of North Wales, we work across a wide range of sectors, including Industrial, Medical and Consumer.
We have recently won some exciting client projects, so to support the ongoing growth of the business we’re looking for a Senior Designer to join our growing product development team. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects and develop cutting-edge technology, whilst working as part of a friendly, dynamic and multi-skilled team.
We’re looking for a Senior Designer ideally with 3+ years’ experience in a product development role, who has good problem-solving skills, a passion to learn and wants to be part of a great team.
Degree or higher in Product/Industrial Design, or equivalent course.
- Advanced 3D CAD skills. (Creo/SolidWorks)
- Strong Visual Presentation skills.
- Good Sketching techniques.
Strong understanding of injection moulding/equivalent manufacturing techniques.
- Excellent task planning skills.
- Undertake design and product development projects under the direction and management of the Project Manager.
- Working across all brands within the product portfolio as a ‘go to’ person for technical design concepts.
- Working with design colleagues and engineering colleagues to encapsulate their functional and product operation intent within design projects ensuring maximum ‘buy in’ to all concepts and intended uses.
- Ensuring successful flow and inclusion of technical application across the wider team.
- Raise Critical Path Analysis (CPA) for each specific project and where required assist with the CPA development.
- Ensure that assigned projects are conducted to establish a ‘best value’ return on investment whilst working within parameters determined through design and conceptual product briefs.
- Ensure outstanding product performance and legislative conformance by working closely with engineering, quality and external suppliers.
- Ensure that the design & development projects are manufacturable, processed to specification, to pre-defined performance parameters on cost and on time.
- Assist in responses required to any ongoing quality issues including the implementation of any necessary design changes.
- Maintain and communicate design changes through regular communication channels and specification review forums.
- Report back on the progress of all the projects at weekly meetings with the Project Manager Coaching and mentoring fellow Designers to improve general understanding of technical features and benefits across product categories.
- Ensure that the design and Technical status of projects is well documented and published in order that other business areas fully understand progress.
- Cataloguing and sharing where necessary previous learnings for ease of knowledge transfer
- This is a full-time position based in North Wales.
- If you think you’re the right fit for Design Reality please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
- Salary commensurate with experience
- No recruitment agencies please.
- No deadline, however we will close this advert immediately if we find the right candidate.